Welcome 2021. The year of the goal. The one with the big goals. I don’t think I’m alone when I admit that I breathed a sigh of relief as the clock struck midnight on December 31, 2020. It’s not that everything about 2020 was truly awful. There were definitely a lot of positives but it was just a year. There was and is so much uncertainty in the world. There’s distrust and speculation of the medical community which, as a the wife of a physician, has been hard to stomach.
I know we’re just a couple days into 2021 but I’m a believer that attitude is everything. If I have a positive mindset things will ultimately be more positive. I’ve been highly focused on fitness since the lockdown began at the end of March. Riding my peloton has been a literal game changer, mental saver and physically changed my body in ways I’ve never been able to achieve. With a new year it’s always so easy to set goals, and make them as wild as possible. In 2020 I wanted to ride 2020 miles. At the time it seemed nearly impossible. I was so new to the bike and riding over 150 miles per month seemed frankly impossible. In the end, I rode 2350.50 miles on my bike in 2020.
That being said, I’ve set a few goals for 2021. One of them is obviously cycling/peloton related. I’m ADDICTED, yall. If you’re curious about pelotons, have questions about it, instructors, the app, MESSAGE ME. There’s almost nothing I would rather talk about. So, without further ado, here are my goals for 2021 (in no particular order).
- Ride 3600 miles in 2021. That’s 300 a month. It’s a stretch for sure, but I can do hard things.
- Refrain from purchasing any shoes in 2021. **Cycling shoes are not included. This will be a hard one for ya girl. I love shoes. I love buying shoes. They don’t make me feel any sort of way but happy. They always fit.
- Refrain from purchasing any purses in 2021. Another thing I love to buy. I should also add wallets/accessories in this one.
- Do at least ONE strength class with peloton a week. I need to incorporate my strength into my life. Stronger is better.
- Increase instagram followers, 15K.
- Blog weekly.
- Another Purge of the house. Get rid of things room by room that serve no purpose.
- Landscape on fleek.
- Quiche with Mariah.
- Expand my knowledge on crystals and tarot.
- Sell enough stickers to pay for Kipling’s knee surgery.
Stay tuned as I fine tune and focus, and achieve these goals. 2021 is a good one. It’s the year of abundance. The year of the goal. The one with the big goals.